Vladimir Putin 2015 media Q&A LIVE UPDATES
- 17 December 201509:40 GMT
- 09:34 GMTEven with the best will in the world, the Central Bank’s key interest rate cannot be marked down by administrative measures, because economic realities must be taken into consideration.
- 09:32 GMT
- The president expressed support for the policies of the Russian Central Bank and the government in maintaining microeconomic stability.
- 09:30 GMTThe ongoing import phase-out program is not a panacea for all economic problems, yet it boosts labor productivity.
- 09:30 GMTThe Russian government is fulfilling social obligation, including indexation of pensions, to the fullest extent.
- 09:26 GMTPutin confirmed the budget deficit has come in at 2.8-2.9 percent, which is less than expected 3.0 percent.
- 09:6 GMT
- Unemployment rates remain stable at 5.6 percent, which is the result of successful efforts by the government.